Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Jack Of All Trades

I grabbed my keys, hurried out the door and got inside my car. I turned the engine on and my car would not start. Not my lucky day. It was probably still sleeping (like me) that's what I thought. I tried once again, inserted the key and switched it on but still, it wouldn't start. I gave up trying after a few times. Fortunately, my mom kindly offered and lend me her car to drop my sisters off to the train station and to commute to work. While I was on the road, I called my uncle, Butch and asked him if he could check what went wrong with the car. He said it has something to do with the battery and he's willing to buy me a replacement when he gets home. How nice of him :)

My uncle stands as our second dad. He's always there to the rescue whenever we need manly help. 

When I used to drive my Lolo's old car 6 years ago, it annoyingly stopped in the middle of an intersection. I was stuck for half an hour and turned red with embarrassment for causing traffic. I had no AAA or side road assistance so my best option was to call my uncle and pray he'll pick up his phone. He just got in his office but he unhesitatingly went to where I was to rescue me. I will never forget that day. 

This father's day, I would like to honor the man who has always been there to help us when we are in need. To our car mechanic, carpenter, plumber, mover, electrician, photographer, driver, tailor, tax preparer, our jack-of-all-trades, thank you so much for all that you do for us. Happy Father's Day! We love you!

To our heavenly Father, thank you for blessing us with fathers who reflects the kind of love you have for us. 



xoxo,
Joselle

No comments:

Post a Comment