Saturday, January 17, 2015

Pasta in Pesto Cream

I'm really one lucky girl because at 28, I get to go home after a long day with a decent home cooked meal by my mom. I don't ever have to worry about dinner or eating microwavable :p However, from time to time, she would ask me to cook when she gets tired of having Filipino food and also to give her a breather.  So tonight, she asked me to man the kitchen and cook one of my specialties, Pasta in Pesto Cream! This is such a no brainer dish and can even cook this now with eyes closed. lol. 


This is so quick and simple because I use ready made pesto instead of doing it from scratch. Why make life so complicated, right? hahaha. But if I get a chance, I would love to try making my own pesto to make it more legit. 

Ingredients:

  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 2 tbsp minced garlic
  • 1 whole tomato, diced
  • 16 oz of heavy whipping cream
  • 10 oz basil pesto
  • 1 lb pasta of your choice
  • parmesan cheese
  • salt
  • pepper
Procedure:
  1. Boil pasta. Follow instructions from the box.
  2. In another pot, melt butter and saute garlic.
  3. Add the cream and pesto, stir and bring to a boil until it thickens.
  4. Add parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. 
  5. Toss the tomato when done.
  6. Pour the sauce over to the pasta, mix well and serve.
  7. Enjoy!
We just had an Italian night having my pesto and ordering pizza from Costco while watching our adorable Italian Pope's historic visit to the motherland on TV. What a blessed night. Thank you Lord we survived another week! Have a great weekend y'all! :)

xoxo,
Joselle


No comments:

Post a Comment